- 1 egg beaten
- dash of salt and pepper
- 4 (4 ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 cup ligth marinara sauce ( I use Trader Joe’s)
- 1/4 cup Italian style bread crumbs
- 2 oz. light mozzerella ( I use Trader Joe’s lite mozzerella)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Beat one egg and place in shallow dish with a dash of salt & pepper.
- In another shallow dish add bread crumbs, garlic powder & grated parmesan.
- Coat each chicken breast in egg wash and then dip into dry mixture.
- Transfer to a lightly greased baking dish. Cook chicken breast for 30 minutes until chicken has been throughly cooked.
- Take chicken out of oven, and using a spoon, top each chicken breast with marinara sauce and mozerella cheese and broil ( 500 degrees) until the cheese melts, about 2 minutes.
Serving: Makes 4 servings/ 4 Freestyle SmartPoints® per serving.