Baked Caprese Chicken with Italian seasoned chicken breast, with a sweet balsamic vinegar glaze, and melted mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup fat free or light Italian salad dressing ( I use light Olive Garden Italian dressing)
- 2 tsp chicken seasoning or 1 chicken bullion
- 2 tsp dry Italian dressing seasoning
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 oz. fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into 4 slices (1 oz. pieces)
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1 tablespoon balsamic glaze (I use Trader Joe’s)
- fresh torn basil leaves
The balsamic glaze really enhances the flavor. I get mine at Trader Joe’s but most grocery stores carry it. You would find it by the balsamic vinegar or salad dressings. Be sure it says glaze on the bottle. You can also find it on Amazon.
Click here to view or order.
- In a large plastic bag, combine salad dressing, chicken seasoning and dry Italian dressing seasoning.
- Place chicken in bag, zip the plastic and turn the bag over to coat. Marinate for 4 hours in the refrigerator.
- Preheat the oven at 400 degrees. Drain chicken, discarding marinade.
- Place chicken breasts on a lined with parchment paper baking sheet. Place in oven. Bake for 25-30 minutes. Take chicken out of oven & add 1oz. mozzarella on each piece of chicken and cook for 5 additional minutes. Take out of the oven and let the chicken cool for a few minutes.
- Sprinkle on diced tomatoes and pieces of fresh basil.
- And then drizzle balsamic glaze over the tops of each chicken breast.
Servings: Makes 4 servings/ 4 Freestyle Smartpoints per serving.
Servings: Makes 4 servings / 4 Freestyle Smartpoints per serving. As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Servings: Makes 4 servings / 4 Freestyle Smartpoints per serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.