Chicken Cordon Bleu
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoons dried rosemary
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 slices of ultra thin provolone or swiss cheese
- 4 slices deli ham
- 4 (4 ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast
- Preheat oven to 350
- Using a knife, slice chicken breast in half and open chicken up. Add 1 slice of cheese, 1 slice of ham in the middle of each sliced chicken breast. Use a toothpick to hold chicken breast together.
- Beat one egg and place in shallow dish.
- In another shallow dish add seasonings & grated Parmesan.
- Coat each chicken breast in egg wash and then roll chicken breast into dry mixture & coat evenly.
- Place the chicken breasts on a (sprayed with non stick cooking spray) wire rack and place wire rack on baking sheet. The wire rack allows both sides of the chicken to crisp.
- Cook for 30-40 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked m.
Serving: Makes 4 servings/ 4 Freestyle SmartPoints® per serving
- Served with cauliflower mashed potatoes