I spent the morning meal prepping. I made a batch of delicious creamy chicken bow tie soup. It’s so nice to have something that I can pull out of the refrigerator or freezer and reheat in a jiffy.
- 1 Tbsp land o lakes light butter or any light butter
- 1 Tbsp flour
- 1 cup skim milk
- 3 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 6 oz bow tie pasta (I use Barilla Plus)
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup diced carrots
- 1/4 cups diced yellow onions
- 1 1/2 cups cooked skinless boneless chicken breasts diced into cubes or rotisserie chicken
- 1 tsp chicken seasoning or chicken bullion
- 1/4 tsp Italian seasonings
- Melt butter in a large stock pot, add the flour and cook for about 30 seconds until a thin roux forms.
- Add carrots, celery, onions; stir to blend with the roux.
- Add skim milk, chicken broth, chicken seasoning or bullion, Italian seasonings, and chicken.
- Bring to a boil, turn to low heat and simmer for 20 minutes. Add bow tie noodles and simmer on medium-low heat for an additional 20 minutes until noodles are soft.
- Store in air right container for up to one week in the refrigerator or freeze it for up to a month.
Servings: Makes 6 ( 1 cup servings) 4 Freestyle smart points per serving