MyWW is Weight Watchers Newest Program!
ONE Program, 3 ways to live it….That’s right…WW just announced they are making changes to their Freestyle Program.
Why do the WW programs keep changing?
As any Weight Watchers member knows, every few years WW introduces a new program. This year is no different. The new WW program is called MyWW and is set to launch in the United States, Canada, and the UK, the week of November 11th 2019.
Mindy Grossman, WW CEO, said, “We are committed to always being the best weight management program on the planet, but now we’re putting our decades of knowledge and expertise in behavioral science to work for an even greater mission. We are becoming the world’s partner in wellness. No matter what your goal is — to lose weight, eat healthier, move more, develop a positive mind-set, or all of the above — we will deliver science-based solutions that fit into people’s lives. This is just the beginning of our journey to become the world’s partner in wellness.”
Last year, WW changed their name change from Weight Watchers to WW and launched the WW rewards. There were other aspects of WW that also changed which included new terminology.
- Meetings are now Workshops
- Weigh-Ins are now Wellness Check-Ins
- Stores/Centers are now Studios
- Receptionists are now Wellness Guides
- Leaders are now Wellness Coaches
Overall, the reason why WW updates their program is because WW is committed to delivering science-based solutions that fit into people’s lives and wanting to become the world’s partner in wellness!
What is myWW?
This year on November 11th, WW rolled out a new program called: myWW. Basically, it is one program but there are now three plans to choose from. This new program is more personalized. This new change will allow members to choose what plan works best for them. Personally, I am so excited for this new program!
What are the Three Plans?
The three different plans are known as: green, blue and purple. WW brought back the Beyond the Scale Smartpoints program which was the WW program before Freestyle. That is the GREEN plan. The Freestyle plan will be known as the BLUE plan. And they brought back a similar plan to Core or Simply Filling, which will be the PURPLE plan.
What makes each plan different?
- GREEN plan (previously known as SmartPoints beyond the Scale): 100 Zero Point Foods-includes fruits and non- starchy vegetables + minimum daily points of 30 SmartPoints. Click HERE for a printable list of Zero Point Foods for the Green Plan.
- BLUE plan (known as Freestyle): 200 Zero Point Foods-includes lean meats, fruits, vegetables, legumes, + minimum daily points of 23 SmartPoints. Click HERE for a printable list of Zero Point Foods for the Blue Plan.
- PURPLE plan (previously known as Core or Simple Filling): 300 Zero Point Foods includes lean meats, fruits, vegetables, legumes, potatoes, and some whole grains + minimum of 16 daily SmartPoints. Click HERE for a printable list of Zero Point Foods for the Purple plan.
Be sure to update your WW app to reflect the new updates that have been made.
Here’s a simple way of looking at it:
At-A-Glance for each plan:
How will I know which plan to follow?
WW has created a simple assessment for new members to help determine the best plan for them. All members will have the option to choose the plan that best suits your lifestyle through the WW app. You have the access to change the plan on the WW app. They are encouraging you to stay on any plan that you select for at least two weeks before changing it to a different plan.
For me personally, I have had success with both the GREEN plan as well as the BLUE plan. It’s exciting to have the choice to pick a plan that works great for us individually.
Will Pound Dropper’s recipes have the point value for all three plans?
Yes!! It will take a bit of time updating each recipe BUT we are committed to making this happen. Each recipe will reflect point values for all three plans. We will continue to provide the nutritional information as well for every recipe for those that count macros.
Leave a comment and let me know what plan you will be following and what you think about the new WW changes!