- 1/2 cup Italian Style breadcrumbs
- 1 large sweet onion, sliced 1/4 inch thick, and separated into rings
- 1/4 cup self rising flour (I use Gold Medal)
- 1 egg beaten
- 2 Tbsp skim milk or unsweetened almond milk
- Pour bread crumbs onto a shallow plate & set aside.
- In a another shallow plate add flour & set aside.
- In a another shallow plate add beaten eggs and milk. Whisk until combined.
- Dip onion rings into flour mixture and then in egg wash, and then into bread crumbs. Continue until all onion rings are coated.
- Place onions in the air fryer basket.( I recommend the simplelivingproducts air fryer.)
- Spray onions with nonstick canola oil cooking spray
- Set air fryer to 390 degrees for 5-8 minutes or until they are crispy.
Servings: Makes around 12 onion rings/ 4 Freestyle smart points for 4 large onion rings