- 1 (28-ounce) can whole peeled tomatoes with juice or you can use fresh peeled tomatoes, measured out to 28-ounces.
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 1/2 yellow onion
- 2 jalapeños, sliced with the seeds and white membranes removed or 2 Tbsp canned jalapeños ( I use canned)
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice (1-2 limes)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 mango sliced and diced (optional)
- Combine all ingredients (except for mango) into a food processor or blender. Blend until all ingredients are incorporated. If like you prefer the salsa more chucky blend less. If you like it less chunky blend more to the consistency you prefer.
- Lift lid, and stir and repeat if needed. If needed add additional salt or lime juice.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours and enjoy!
Add diced mango to the salsa after the rest of the salsa had been blended.
Servings: 1/4 cup = 0 Freestyle smart points