The New WW PersonalPoints™ Weight Watchers Program
“Live WW in a way that works for you!”
What makes WW the leading weight loss program?
WW; Weight Watchers reimagined, is the number one doctor recommended weight loss program! Providing guidance, motivation and support to those wanting to begin their weight loss and wellness journey!
- WW has over 450 studios in the U.S. at the end of 2021, which is up from our prior expectation of about 400.
- The get new members off to a strong start in their weight loss and wellness journey. The member engagement in the first four weeks correlates to greater weight loss success, overall satisfaction and longer retention.
- They focus on innovation-digital and the consumer journey.
- They focus on building momentum and making changes to the WW program that will be the most comprehensive in their history.
- Their leadership and credibility in science-based weight loss and wellness is a key competitive advantage and is a key driver of our members trust in WW.
Will there be a new Weight Watchers plan?
Yes! Every two years, WW releases a new and updated food program or plan. Why? Part of the reason for the company’s success is that they consistently evolve and change their diet plan as new research comes out.
Will there still be three MyWW plans? ( BLUE, GREEN, and PURPLE)
No, WW smartpoints with the three color plans will be going away. The new WW point system is called WW PersonalPoints™ , since WW trademarked that name on June, 17th of this year. See trademark below from the United States Patent and Trademark Office website.
The WW PersonalPoints™ will be more personalized, flexible, and customized plan for each individual.
LIVE THE LIFE YOU LOVE.
LOSE THE WEIGHT YOU WANT.
When will the new plan be launching?
The new WW PersonalPoints™ program has launched in Australia and New Zealand as of October 25, 2021. Click HERE to see the Weight Watchers.com/AU website for their program details. There may be some variation in the United States and Canada when the program is launched. In the past, the WW programs in all countries have been similar so we don’t expect to see that much of a difference.
The new personal points program is expected to be released in the US and Canada the week of November 8, 2021, and will continue into 2022-2023. New members will take the assessment upon joining. If you are already a member will be guided to the new assessment as soon as the new plan launches. Be sure to update your WW app to see the changes and take the personal assessment.
What do we know about the new WW PersonalPoints™?
Based off what we are seeing with the roll out in Australia the new plan will be the most customized program ever, PersonalPoints, makes healthy and sustainable weight loss easier!
- PersonalPoints are tailored to you-the WW PersonalPoints™ is based off a personalized assessment and creates a plan that is unique to you. No need to change your lifestyle—your unique Points Budget and ZeroPoint™ foods list will be customized to the foods you love and can’t live without.
- The New WW Program Makes Weight Loss Easier (And More Delicious)– “No two people are alike, so no two plans are alike. When you join WW, they will ask you a series of questions via our PersonalPoints Engine, then they’ll design your unique PersonalPoints Budget and ZeroPoint™ food list.
- You’ll earn Points®!You’ll be able to add to your PersonalPoints Budget by eating non-starchy vegetables, drinking more water, or carving out time for activity. Building healthy habits has never been more rewarding!
- “Science, simplified.“-Based on groundbreaking nutritional and behaviour-change research, WW rewards you for healthy habits so you stick with them! For the first time ever, you’ll earn Points for doing healthy things—like eating veggies, drinking water, or moving more.
- “Zero deprivation“-Cook your favorite meals. Go to brunch, happy hour, and parties. With the new WW program, nothing is off-limits, and there are no restrictive rules—just balance. Simply track, live, and lose the weight you want.
- A tailored food plan for people with diabetes-according to the American Diabetes Association, in the U.S. alone, nearly 27 million adults have been diagnosed with diabetes and there is a high correlation between obesity and Type 2 diabetes, by introducing a tailored food plan for people with diabetes, with the new Personal Points program, Weight Watchers will aim to better serve this population with their science-based effective and proven program.
- Focus on the inside out-Joining WW is not just about eating better and moving more. Losing weight is about being in the right frame of mind. You’ll develop skills and techniques that will help shift your mindset for weight loss success.
- WW PersonalPoints™ Program is built around your lifestyle. You still have the option to follow the plan digitally, workshops plus digital, and/or personal coaching and digital.
Wondering how PersonalPoints are different from SmartPoints?
The values go up with added sugars and saturated fat, and go down with protein and, with our new program, go down with fiber and unsaturated fats.
What about zero point foods? Will they still have them?
Yes! Just like the SmartPoints™ system, WW looks at calories and big-picture, complex nutrient data to create a food’s PersonalPoints value. But the NEW algorithm factors in even more nutritional elements to guide you toward foods higher in unsaturated fats, fiber, and protein and lower in added sugars and saturated fats. ZeroPoint foods have—you guessed it—zero PersonalPoints™
With the NEW PersonalPoints program, all your favorite foods are still on the menu. PLUS you’ll receive your very own customized ZeroPoint foods list to guide you toward a healthier pattern of eating. That list will be given to you once you complete the assessment.
Here’s a sneak peek at ZeroPoint foods:
Remember: Everyone’s list will be different—because it’s tailored to you!
- Non-starchy veggies
- Potatoes & sweet potatoes
- Non fat yogurt & cottage cheese
- Brown rice & quinoa
- Avocados (NEW!)
- Fish & shellfish
- Skinless/boneless chicken & turkey breast
- Whole grain pasta & noodles
- Tofu & tempeh
- Corn & popcorn
- Beans, peas, & lentils
These are foods that are recommended by national and international guidelines (including the World Health Organization) as a part of a healthy pattern of eating. And of course, they’re delicious! That’s how Weight Watchers landed on fruits, non-starchy veggies, chicken and turkey breast, fish and shellfish, beans, peas and lentils, tofu and tempeh, 99% fat free yogurt and cottage cheese, potatoes and sweet potatoes, corn and popcorn, wholemeal pasta, brown rice, quinoa and other whole grains, oats, eggs, and avocado.
What if I don’t like the new WW plan?
Personally, I’m looking forward to the new changes and super excited for a new customized-personalized plan. WW has already begun to make changes to the WW app and by the time the new plan rolls out the WW app will reflect those changes. With the new plan, you will still have a daily and weekly allowance of points.
However, if you decide you don’t want to follow the new plan or you don’t like the new plan, that’s okay. You do have a choice-you can continue to count points using the MyWW smartpoint (GREEN, BLUE, PURPLE) program. Keep in mind, if you plan on staying on the three color (smart points) plan, may need to count the points manually or use a different app once the WW app updates to the new plan.
What is the MyWW smartpoints program?
It’s the program that WW launched in 2019 that includes three different food plans; GREEN, BLUE, and PURPLE.
GREEN plan (previously known as SmartPoints beyond the Scale): 100 Zero Point Foods-includes fruits and non- starchy vegetables + minimum daily points of 30 SmartPoints.
Click HERE for a printable list of Zero Point Foods for the Green Plan.
BLUE plan (known as Freestyle): 200 Zero Point Foods-includes lean meats, fruits, vegetables, legumes, + minimum daily points of 23 SmartPoints.
Click HERE for a printable list of Zero Point Foods for the Blue Plan.
PURPLE plan (previously known as Core or Simple Filling): 300 Zero Point Foods includes lean meats, fruits, vegetables, legumes, potatoes, and some whole grains + minimum of 16 daily SmartPoints.
Click HERE for a printable list of Zero Point Foods for the Purple plan.
You can click HERE for more information regarding the MyWW smartpoint-three plan program.
Will Pound Dropper’s recipes still have the point value for all three plans?
Every Pound Dropper recipe will continue to provide point values for all three plans. In addition, we will continue to provide macros-the nutritional information for every recipe.
We plan on updating every recipe to the new WW personal points program once it launches in the United States and Canada. Keep in mind, we realize the customized zero point list may vary the point value for each recipe. However; we will do our very best to ensure every Pound Dropper recipe is updated with the WW PersonalPoints™ value so you can continue to be successful on your wellness journey!
Be sure to subscribe below for any updates once the NEW Personal Points program launches in the US and Canada!
Leave us a comment and tell us what you think!
Disclaimer: The Pound Dropper is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with WW, Weight Watchers reimagined. The information provided in this article is public information that was found on Weight Watchers/au.website and United States Patent and Trademark Office.