I absolutely love a good oatmeal cookie. I recreated this recipe using a recipe I had in my recipe file (before the days of Pinterest) to make them more WW friendly. They are super delicious and only 3 Freestyle smart points per cookie.
- 1 1/3 cups of quick cooking oats or rolled oats
- 1/3 cup of self rising flour or you can use all purpose flour and add 1/2 tsp baking powder and a dash of salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp splenda brown sugar blend or sukrin gold
- 1 tsp of vanilla
- 5 Tbsp Land o’ Lake light butter made with canola oil or any light butter
- 1 egg
- 28 grams Lily’s no sugar added chocolate chips or any no sugar added chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl beat the butter and brown sugar blend until fluffy and then add the egg, cinnamon and vanilla and beat until smooth. (30 seconds)
- In a separate bowl, mix the oats, and self-rising flour with baking soda.
- Then using a rubber spatula, fold the oat mixture into the egg mixture. The dough will be crumbly. Then gently fold in chocolate chips.
- Using a standard tablespoon measuring spoon and place them on the cookie sheet about 1/2 inches apart.
- Bake the cookies for 12-14 minutes.
- Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing them.
Servings: Makes 12 cookies/ 3 Freestyle smart points per cookie
These cookies can be kept in an air tight container for 3 days or refrigerate or freeze them for up 2 weeks