- 3 ripe bananas, medium-large
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla or banana extract
- 2 Tbsp. Splenda Brown sugar blend
- 3 Tbsp. Stevia or sugar substitute
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 1/4 cup Gold Medal self rising flour
- 2 Tbsp. Land o lakes made with canola oil light butter melted or you can substitute 3 Tbsp of unsweetened applesauce in place of the light butter.
- 14g of Lily’s no sugar added chocolate chips or any sugar free chocolate chips Lily’s Chocolate Chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and using a muffin tin, line a full size muffin tin with 12 liners.
2. In a medium bowl add bananas and use a fork to mash well.
3. Add egg, extract, brown sugar and stevia or sugar substitute . Stir well.
4. In a separate bowl combine flour, baking soda & powder.
5. Add dry ingredients into the wet slowly as you stir.
Before the two are incorporated add in melted butter. Stir just until barely combined. Then add fold in no sugar added chocolate chips.
💥DO NOT OVER MIX. The number one tip is to not over mix.
6. Pour into muffin foiled liners* and bake for 14-16 minutes or until an inserted knife or toothpick comes out clean.
Store in an airtight container
Servings: Makes 12 full size banana muffins. 2 Freestyle SmartPoints® per muffin.
Note: *paper muffin liners tend to stick to the batter. I recommend using either foil muffin liners or spraying the muffin tin with non stick cooking spray.